We have received guidance from the Buffalo Grove Park District for
proper field use during Phase 4 of the “Restore Illinois” plan. Here is
a basic rundown of how we will need to operate this season according to
Distancing is still required off the field of play.The field of play is
defined from the right field fence line to the left field fence line.In
cases where there is no or a limited fence please use good judgement.
- Please limit the number spectators to no more than (2) people per player on all fields.
(schematics) will be placed at all ball fields with regard to numbers
of spectators in a given area.We will also make these available on our
website as we get them. There will also be reminders about social
distancing and mask use.
- Mask Usage is required by everyone except for players, coaches, and umpires actually on the field of play as described above.
means players in the dugouts or spectator areas should be masked until
they go onto the field of play.However, a player, coach or umpire may
wear a mask on the field if they prefer.
- No Sunflower
Seeds or gum is to be brought to any field.There will be no food in the
dugouts or on the field of play of any kind.
- Individual Water
Bottles are allowed and should be clearly marked and NOT SHARED.There
will not be “team or shared” food or water provided at any time.
- Concession Stand operation is still being worked out.
- No Celebrations or non-baseball play contact of any kind.No homerun celebrations, high fives, fist bumps, handshakes etc.
is suggested that teams line up 6’ apart on opposite foul lines and
wave or in some manner give respect to the opposing team.Keep in mind
this can only be done after a game IF there is more than an hour before
the next game on that field.
- Pre-Game warm ups are
allowed on the fields by both teams.HOWEVER, one team may use the
infield while the other team may use the outfield.We will be staggering
start times to avoid cross over from one game to the next.
Batting Cages at the Emmerich Facility and at Kilmer are going to be one
pitcher and one batter in the cage and cage area at a time.Other
players should social distance while waiting.
- UMPIRES can stand behind the catcher or 6 feet behind the pitcher.It is up to the umpire and is not debatable.
There will be other guidelines and managers and coaches will be informed of them and let you all know. If you have questions please send a message via our Facebook Page or you can email: