All composite bats must have either a "BPF 1.15”, “USABaseball”, or "BBCOR” stamp. Composite bats that are not certified with the required stamp will not be allowed for use in BGRA games and practices. The transition from the handle to the barrel can be composite.
Bat barrel diameters.
Tee-ball, Pinto, Farm, Stallion, Thoroughbred:
- If using a “BPF 1.15” approved bat: Big barrel bats are "not" allowed; the barrel size must not exceed 2 ¼ inches in diameter.
- If using a “USABaseball” approved bat: Big barrel bats are allowed; the barrel size must not exceed 2 5/8 inches in diameter.
Palomino, Colt, Senior Colt:
- Big barrel bats are allowed; the barrel size must not exceed 2 5/8 inches in diameter.
- There are no Drop restrictions in any BGRA House league.
- Please Note: BGRA will begin transitioning away from "BPF 1.15" bats.
- In 2020, all big barrel bats must be "USABaseball" or "BBCOR" approved bats (small barrel "BPF 1.15" will still be allowed).
- In 2021, "BPF 1.15" bats will no longer be allowed.
- For Coyotes (LSFBL),the rules can be found here: http://www.lsfbl.com/
If you have a question if a bat is legal to use in the league please contact your league director if needed for clarification.